Friday, October 5, 2012

[Upcoming Sale!] Sephora Friends & Family 2012

Strap in your beauty belts and get super excited!

What is it?  It is Sephora's Friends & Family Sale. Through an online link you'll be able to take 20% off your entire online purchase.

When is it? It starts October 18th, 2012 and runs until October 31, 2012. There's some talk on VIB's (Very Important Beauty Insiders) getting a head start on October 17th, 2012, but don't quote me on that!

Where is it? The sale is only run online but if your order comes to $50 + you'll get free shipping, so hooray! Also, I think it's only in the United States. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please

I, frankly, am super excited for this! I already have a small list in my head of things I have been dying to get and will definitely use this sale to my advantage. I've compiled the wishlist into a little collage. Not quite sure why I incorporated so many spring flowers when it's already autumn, but ... yeah, haha.
Sephora Friends & Family Wishlist
  • Benefit's Dandelion Blush | It's officially Autumn but I am still so drawn to this light pink blush. I'm actually on a mission to collect every boxed powder blush from Benefit, so this would be another step toward completing that mission!
  • NARS Andy Warhol Debbie Harry Eye & Cheek Palette | I probably already have this in my hands as this post goes up. If you've read up on any reviews (there are a scarce amount, c'mon people!!) they aren't the best ... they kind of suck actually. I ordered this the second it went live on Sephora and was so heart broken to hear it was bad. I wanted to love this so badly but at $65 it wasn't even worth keeping as a collectible. SO... I'm going to return that palette and re-order it at 20% off along with my $10 gift card which would make it $42 and I am perfectly okay with keeping it as something to use and keep for novelty/collectible at that price. *memoir over* haha!
  • NARS Eye Primer | This eye primer is raved about and is great for oily eyelids. I've been lusting after this for quite some time as well!
Are you guy excited? What would go / is going on your wish list? 20% an entire order! You'll never find a better deal! Unless ... you know ... someone buys it for you ;)

UPDATE 10/17/12 
Hey guys, sorry to disappoint but it looks like Sephora is restricting this year's Friends & Family sale to just close persons of the people who work there. It's tad disappointing to have 1.) been given wrong information and 2.) gotten so excited for a sale I had missed out on last year. There are some speculations of a specific VIB and BI sale sometime in the beginning of November but I can't say for sure. Nothing will beat a 20% discount for sure. I'll keep you guys updated as I hear things!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous - I wish Sephora was available in Australia, I would literally go crazy and spend all my money haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder!!! I need to make a list myself!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. But have you tried the palette at Sephora? From all Andy Warhol's collection I thought this was the one thing that was worth it, cause the flower palettes were just okay. But when I saw that mini tutorial on Sephora's website with this palette I was hooked. Anyway, better to get something from the permanent range anyway!
    Have you seen Urban Decay's friends&family sale? Even sale items have 20% off! OMG. Dying here. It ends on 13th.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After this post went up I went back and played with it. The palette is actually gorgeous! I can understand the distaste for glitter but the shadows are still pigmented and Mr. Nars is no fool cause if you put NARS primer underneath the shadows they are absolutely outstanding colors!!! I am now praying it doesn't get sold out before this sale. I'm picking it up for sure! Fan of Nars and ANdy Warhol so it works for me!

      Oh yes, I saw it! It's insane cause I'm now looking at all the vintage coin shadows cause it's not like the quality was bad! Are you getting anything? :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I do read and respond to most comments when I can, but please refrain from spam (follow for follows, giveaways, ads, so and so forth) xx :)